At IIM Calcutta, we want the recruitment of our students to be easy and flexible. We also want to optimize your success and deliver the highest yield possible based on your offers and marketing efforts. With this in mind, we have outlined a set of guidelines practiced by organizations that tend to have the highest acceptance rates.
Placement Process and Policies:
Companies are encouraged to visit the campus for the placement process which includes pre-placement talks and interviews.
Unless explicit permission has been provided by the Placement Committee, participants are restricted from approaching companies directly for individual placements. Companies are requested to interact either through a member of the Placement Committee or the designated student placement committee .
Students are held accountable by the placement committee for their actions during the career search process and are expected to honour any job offer they accept.
Campus Visit Policy
Following guidelines shall be applicable in this context:
- Any on-campus activity which is not a part of regular academic curriculum is defined as company- participant interaction. Companies can conduct a maximum of two interactions for PGPEX-VLM (slot for interaction will be assigned on a first come first serve basis)
- All campus activities must be scheduled in conjunction with the student placement committee, PGPEX-VLM
- The fixed joining fee per student is charged for the services offered to the company throughout the course of recruitment from the campus.
- All placement charges should be settled within one month of students joining the organization. The institute however does not guarantee that the student will join the company or will remain in the job for specified duration of time.
- Service taxes, if applicable, will be charged in addition to the fees.
|1st Week of November
Required communication with placement committee
Recruiters are required to communicate the following details to the PGPEX-VLM Placement Committee through email (with cc to candidate) in order to enable the committee to streamline the placement process for both recruiter and participant :
Indication that an offer with salary details has been made to the candidate.
Confirmation of acceptance or rejection of an offer by the candidate.
The candidates are required to inform the Placement Committee of their acceptance or rejection of an offer. Candidates can choose to have the Placement Committee forward his/her decision to the recruiter.
Candidates are responsible for finalizing offer details including, but not limited to, salary, location, perks and title directly with recruiters.
Recruiters are welcome to communicate with the Placement Committee on any topics beyond those listed above.
We advice our students to consider each opportunity as a long term commitment and to accept offers where they can make contributions over time. For this reason, we request that all candidates be given a minimum of 3 weeks to make a decision. This ensures students have an adequate amount of time to fully evaluate an offer.
The placement committee understands your need to finalize business planning and will encourage students to make their decisions as quickly as possible. We encourage you to stay in close contact with us throughout the recruiting session and offer processes so that, we can ensure students are adhering to our guidelines and assist you with any helpful information.
Employers are expected to honor any offers they extend. If an offer must be rescinded, employers should contact their account manager immediately to work out a positive communication strategy.
|Recruitment Fee per Student||INR 60,000