INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Please contact your referees early and initiate the referral process to ensure that they submit the recommendation online within the due date. An application without the complete sets of referrals will be considered as incomplete.
1. You are advised to go through the detailed eligibility and admissions criteria.
2. You may choose to apply to a maximum of two areas from the eleven choices. However, there is no need to pay a second fee.
3. Applicants are requested to fill up the referral information carefully. Referee Information has to furnish in the online application form. Once submitted, referee details cannot be changed. For each area applied, two recommendations are required. A candidate applying in one area has to furnish two referees and one applying in two areas has to furnish four referees in the application form. All the referees should be persons who are in a position to comment on your candidature. At least one referee should preferably be a faculty member of a university, college or institution of higher studies and research. The application will be treated as incomplete without these recommendation details. Once the referee details are submitted, the referees will receive an email with the login credentials, where they have to give the recommendation online. No hard copy of the recommendation is accepted.
4. Please note that once you submit the referee form, you will not be allowed to change the area in which you have applied.
5. For General Candidates Application cannot be submitted without the payment of application fee of INR 1000/-. Payment can only be made by Credit/Debit Card and Net Banking (electronic fund transfer). A small processing fee (upto approx INR 30/-) as applicable will be charged by the Bank/Debit Card/Credit Card Company. Those who are unable to pay online may send a Demand Draft payable at Kolkata in favour of "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta" to the following address:
Fellow Programme & Research Office
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Joka, Diamond Harbour Road
Kolkata - 700 104 (WB).
Phone: (033) 2467-8300 - 04
In case you want to pay the application fees of Rs 1000/- through DD, please select the draft option and provide the DD no., DD date and Bank name in the given space.
The INR 1000 application fee (wherever applicable) is non-refundable and will not be refunded under any circumstances.
6. Students applying through CAT can only apply with the scores. You may apply after the CAT results are declared.
7. In the Other Information Page you can only upload doc, pdf and txt files of your Credentials.
8. This section and form is best viewed at IE8 or above, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
Writing & Research:
Please upload any published or unpublished research work which you might have completed. You may give abstracts or summaries if the entire document cannot be uploaded.
An applicant to the Fellow Program is required to have:
First Class Master's degree in any discipline or CA with minimum 50% marks or CS/CMA with minimum 55% marks and a three-year Bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate;
First Class Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Non-engineering candidates who have undergone 10+2+5 years will be considered eligible to apply for the Fellow Programme.
In addition, applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate in either the Secondary or the Higher Secondary Examination of a Board (or equivalent).
A final-year student appearing for the Bachelor's degree examination in Engineering or Master's degree examination in any discipline can also apply. Such a candidate, if selected, will be provisionally admitted provided (s)he completes all requirements for obtaining the degree before 30th June, 2019. Admission of the candidate will remain provisional until (s)he produces mark sheets proving that (s)he satisfies the eligibility criteria. The deadline for submitting the final year degree mark sheets is 31st December, 2019.
50% of the seats in the programme are reserved for the reserved categories.
An applicant can apply to at most two areas of specialization. (S)he needs to have taken the Common Admission Test (CAT) in 2018 OR, depending on chosen specialization(s), alternative test(s) in lieu of the CAT as specified in the following table. The test score(s) should be valid on 27th January, 2019.
|Area of Specialization||Tests in lieu of CAT|
|Economics||GMAT / GRE / UGC-NET in Business Economics / Development Economics/ Economics|
|Finance & Control||GMAT / GRE / UGC-JRF in Commerce / Economics / Management|
|Human Resource Management||GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in any discipline|
|Management Information Systems||GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in any discipline|
|Marketing||GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in Economics / Psychology / Sociology / Anthropology / Management|
|Operations Management||GMAT / GRE|
|Organizational Behavior||GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in any discipline|
|Public Policy and Management||GRE /UGC-NET in Anthropology / Economics / Environmental Science / Geography / History / International and Area Studies / Law / Management / Political Science / Psychology / Public Administration / Social Work / Sociology|
|Regional Development||GRE / UGC-NET in Anthropology / Economics / Geography / Population Studies / Public Administration / Sociology|
|Sociology||UGC-NET in Anthropology / Economics / Political Science / Sociology|
|Strategic Management||GMAT / GRE / GATE / UGC-JRF in Anthropology / Commerce / Defence and Strategic Studies / Economics / Environmental Science / Geography / History / Law / Management / Political Science / Psychology / Public Administration / Sociology|
* Candidates should get their GMAT scores officially reported to the Institute using the code: 9CP-HT-94.
* Candidates should get their GRE scores officially reported to the Institute using the code: 7496.